Saturday, April 12, 2008

Summary of Coaching Course

I think it is my job hazards that I will work out some sort of format to whatever thing I have.
This is my format and summary of what coaching course has for me.

Coaching Conversation

Firstly you will determine certain things of the meeting.
  • Location - Must be conducive to suit the meeting
  • Preparation - Information of the coachee must be collected
  • Desired Outcome - What you wish to achieve
Then you will prepare for things you will want to ask your coachee in this session of coaching through the GROW model. All these are done through the coachee's mouth, meaning to say you will have to seek the answers in the coachee

Goal
  • Set objectives of the session
  • "What do you think we can achieve from this session?"
Reality
  • Getting facts from the coachee
  • "How do you think we have fare for the job?"
  • It seems like luring coachee to say what is the problem so set up a trap to do so.

Option
  • Opening up options for the coachee
  • "Given another chance, how would you have done it better?"
  • By doing so, it somehow make the coachee committed to what was said.
Wrap up
  • To summarize what was being said previous.
  • To reconfirmed what is to be done.
This is a pictorial summary of the format I am talking about.

No comments: