Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Prelude: Singapore Site Seeing Tour

I can't believe that I actually walked that far today. I ended my lessons at Singapore Poly as early as 12 noon. They actually have quite a nice garden walk-way.











Their Engineering Faculty is actually "50 Years Young"! How ironic.











Then I moved on to Outram Park to embark on my Singapore Site Seeing Tour. I can't be possibly be going through every historical site I past in one post, therefore stay tune to my in-depth explanation for each of them in future posts. That is why this is called a "prelude".

However for teasers, I walked from Outram Park to all the way to Lavender. Imagine the distance and the sites I uncovered. I passed by a temple, Tian Hock Keng, which is known to house a female goddess that protects early immigrants coming into Singapore from the harsh waters.I also passed by a number of chinese associations, like my own enthic group: Hianan Hwee Guan. Raffles Hotel, Kampong Glam and Supreme Court are all in my list. Just too bad this trip, I can only cover a lateral distance. I may not be able to cover all those in the city area. I am sure there must a lot more historical or interesting sites around in the city. This is where Singapore started you know. Tell me if there is more!!!

No comments: