Monday, February 18, 2008

Leadership

This is one subject I am still trying to grasp. What is it actually? This is the wikipedia definition.

Wikipedia Explanation

Leadership is a quality a person may have. One can categorize the exercise of leadership as either actual or potential:

  • actual - giving guidance or direction, like a teacher being a leader to a student, as in the phrase "the emperor has provided satisfactory leadership".
  • potential - the capacity or ability to lead, as in the phrase "she could have exercised effective leadership"; or in the concept "born to lead".
Providing guidance and direction? Me? Even after commissioning for about 2 years now, I sometimes question myself, "Am I up to it?"

Great leaders like Alexander The great, was held in great esteem in influencing battles after battles. Me? I barely keep myself confident by asking myself "Am I up to it?". What a joke!!

I was talking to a lady by the name Shanice on Saturday night on religion. I mentioned that religion is only a psychological get-back. In times of being lost, there is at least someone/something (whichever it is, at least this is still unknown to myself) to be giving you directions. Examples like mine.

So assuming that what the religion says is true, when you pray for money, God do not just drop money onto you, however God gives you the chance to earn the money. I am now given the chance to prove that I am up to it in my current situation.

Well then, the next question will be "How?". No one will know. Unlike what you do in school, you have ten-year-series or standard text book answer. This question, can only answered be by myself. No one else.

No comments: