Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Poetry

I took literature in my secondary school but never had interest until I graduated. I started writing, going to the beach to get my inspirations. This is one that I wrote about my beach trip.

BEACH
Crimson orange over the horizon,
Salty sea filled the breeze.
Soft calm waves intruded the minds,
Kelong swayed in happiness,
All in the celebration of a union.

Under the starry night,
A ring was made.
Though of plain straws,
But of naught but of pure love,
A flawless union was formed.

Naked feet felt the soft sand,
Hands in hands.
Port lights lit as if for festivals,
Joyful bliss encircled their whole.
No one else but them.


But this one isn't the one that got me proud. I did this with a "kentang" friend, Christina, and I sent in for competition, got some prize but I never collected the prize. It was some overseas award.

Stress
Is it the opposite of rest?
Or is it just another test?
But I think it is the work of their souls
Because it is not within their control.

People are always under stress,
Putting stress into their lives.
No wonder it is opposite of rest
And the city lives are similar to those of hives

Ever working for sure,
They should find time for leisure.
It is the remedy of pleasure
For there won't be any pressure.


I stopped when one of my friend told me that love poems are easy to write. And most of my collection are love poems. Oh well, I guess I was just lovelorn at that time, driving my passion to write.

No comments: