Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lesson Learnt from books

There was this one girl whom I met recently told me that I read a lot and that I will always take reference from books. It was this girl whom I mentioned in earlier posts that she is the girl that think too much. Very observant girl.

I denied initially but coming to think about it, what she said was very true. I do learn alot from books and that I always mention stuff through them.

I am halfway through this book "The monk who sold his Ferrari" by Robin S. Sharma. By the name of it, the monk must have gotten a high level of enlightenment in order to sell away a Ferrari.I picked out two phrases from the first forty pages of the book: "How Can you care for others if you cannot even take good care of yourself? How can you do good when you don't even fell good? I cannot love you when I cannot love myself." and "How can anymore go in... Until you empty your cup."

"How Can you care for others if you cannot even take good care of yourself? How can you do good when you don't even fell good? I cannot love you when I cannot love myself." This phrase sounded very self centered, however it is very true about life. I am not even loving my life now, how can I appreciate others? It has made me wondered, how can I improve the quality of my life? I couldn't find an answer until I saw the second phrase.

"How can anymore go in... Until you empty your cup." I have been complaining that I have learnt enough in my unit right now and that I wishes to get out of the place. However knowledge is everywhere for us to grab. There is no such thing called "I have learnt whatever I can in this area". I have been intentionally putting myself in a state of saturation that I refuse to absorb more, how can I learn more? With that I came up with a conclusion that I have to empty this cup of mind and bring myself out of the state of saturation. Only then I can improve my life quality.

What interesting conclusion of life I can come out from books. I wish hints of life can come to me easier.

No comments: