Thursday, January 1, 2009

Back to Homeland Day 2

Second day was the start of our tour package around Hainan Island. We had to wake up 6am for it! My goodness who wakes up so early in their holidays? But it was a memorable day of the tour. Many interesting happened.

The first thing was the first stop point. I remembered vividly about the toilet. I will brand it the most disgusting toilet I ever entered.

Imagine they do not have standing urinals, so they had to use buckets. Everyone just stood by the buckets and urinated. The best of all, the buckets were almost full already! My goodness!

The first place of interest was this port that my Grandfather used to leave Hainan Island back in those days. It was the only port around in Hainan Island in those days. There was this small isle that formed a small opening out of the port.
This was us boarding the ship to the small isle.
My father and Uncle Johnson at the isle.
There were quite a number of statues around for people to take pictures with. However payment must be made. There was this particular interesting statue that caught my attention. There was this lady who will block people to take pictures with an umbrella, unless you pay.
This was lunch.
Check out the fatty pork! Other tables finished this dish, I guess being the health conscious Singaporeans, we left the plate almost untouched.This is "东山岭 (Dong Shan Ling)". It was said that this is an auspicious piece of land and that it will give good luck to those who had buried their ancestors here.
This was us going up via cable car.
This was the scenery during the cable car ride. I did say this place was for tombs right? There are an estimate of 4700+ tombs on this mountain. One of them is the Song's Sisters parents.
It was said their goats had certain spiritual difference and there were many of them on the mountain.
Rocks with poems and writings were abundance in the mountain.
Our last stop of the day was the Botanic Gardens. This is my father by the entrance.

No comments: