Sunday, December 21, 2008

Raleigh Power Walk

I took my first run after my one week break on Friday because of my back injury. It was a 6km run as I met friends along the way so I did not stop at my usual 4km. This was the biggest mistake I made as I will be walking 50km the next day.
The team was Team FECK. I was not the official team member but I was the so called pacer. From the right, Jonathan, me, Matt and Michelle. And this was just the energetic start for us. I swear I was confident of completing the walk at this point of time. Our first land mark at IKEA. No swedish meat balls though. Our first check point at Pasir Ris Park. It was not a challenge yet as it was just walking the first 10km. Matt and myself in Loyang Industrial Estate. Home of the Commandos.
Our second checkpoint at Changi Village. We ate the well known nasi lemak and Hokien mee from here. Us resting and applying deep heat. It was here I start to feel a tingle of strain in my right calf. Our embarkation to the next Park Connector. I never knew Changi is connected via park connector to East Coast Park. It was 2:30am. The place where most singaporean men's nightmare begin and this is where our nightmare tonight begin. The connector was a straight road of 9km. It was never ending! The only motivation we can see is the Airport Terminal coming to an end.
It is 2.4km away only after a 2 and a half hour walk. It was at 4am.
Some demotivational Posters. This is quite a good one. Macdonal Breakfast!! I had my Mega McGriddles at ECP. Finally some motivational posters.
It was 07:30am. This was taken at the big splash, minus 11 hours because of 100km walk, we have already travelled 12 hours exactly. Those 100km walkers are mad men worth our respect. This was also the time we gave up. My legs are just too cramp to go ahead. We took a cab to bugis and we tuang there until 10:15am before we headed off for the end.This was us at the end point of Campus Green of SMU, tired and shagged.

No comments: