Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lesson Learnt

People say army is a waste of time. I strongly disagree with that. Today, I am proud to say I have learnt lessons that I must never forget and be integrated with my future self.

I have been working so hard, yet I have not seen a significant result that I can be proud of. I have always thought I would be able to do any job since these jobs were meant for humans, B]but it doesn't seems that way. It seems so pointless that I almost deem myself useless. Until two great teachers enlightened me.

Although the lesson came a little late, but still at least it would help me for life.

Lesson 1 : Pleasing Your Boss' Boss.
Just by doing jobs that your boss had allocated you is just not enough, you have to think ahead and do jobs that your Boss' Boss will think of. No doubt it is a challenge to read people's mind, it is the only way you can impress your Boss' Boss and make your own boss look good. Of course you cannot be stealing the limelight from your boss, he is your boss after all.

Lesson 2 : Managing a team
This is one lesson I have been trying to learn since young but it is just so hard to digest. Giving your subordinate welfare is essential to better working relations, but giving them too much welfare is giving yourself torture. As a job of a manager is not to do work of your subordinates, but to manage them and to anticipate problems. The physical job aspect of a manager is minimal, your job is to ensure and plan ahead.

Tough to digest though, but it must be.

No comments: