Monday, August 18, 2008

Corpse Scare

I was looking at the papers when one of my sergeant came into my office nervously telling me there is a rotten smell in the server room. It is like the room with security lock and fully air conditioned. You have a rotting corpse inside such room,needless to imagine, it stink bad.

The smell was hard to horrendous. Just by standing outside the door, you can smell that stench already! I had to stick around the room to find the source of the stench! It was quite some time before I found the source.

The corpse was in the trunking of the cables. It probably climb half way, got stucked and died there. This point of time you would probably be thinking of a dead rat. You are wrong. It is a lizard of at least a full arms length! My goodness. I really wonder how did it get into the trunking? And worst of all, it was in its own pool of blood. Probably got injured while struggling in the trunking.

To be honest, I had no guts to pick it up and throw it. I had the image that the corpse will break into half when I try to do so because of the rotting process. Gross! imagine all the remaining blood will burst out!

In the end there was one courageous man hu did it. Well he broke the neck. Almost to my image I had previously. Nevertheless, he did it!

After the whole saga of dumping the corpse, we had to clean the blood stain. We used a bucket of diluted bleach to whip away the stain but was ineffective. In the end we poured bleach in to the spot and used a broom to scrub it. The stain managed to come off but not the stench. At least the stench had a combination of rot and bleach.

We had phobia for the rest of the day. We wouldn't take the road towards that server room unless necessary. Grotesque adventure.

No comments: